I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's a Girl! Oh, wait it's a BOY!

 

Our 3rd child will soon be joining us, Lord willing, in a couple of weeks.  This past summer we went in for an ultrasound and we were told we were having a girl.  Our first 2 are boys. Alas, I was going to be able to purchase clothes with ruffles, lace and tutus.  I started to prepare her room for her arrival. I made the bedding you see above and I was so excited with the fun girly, girl bright colors I was able to choose from.  I am picky about my baby bedding print so I have always made our babies bedding.  Not to mention its very expensive to buy.  It is work but its always worth it! I really loved the flowered print that was my inspiration. 
Two months later I went in for another ultrasound and I was told it was a boy.  So I went again and was told it was a boy.  I had to have another ultrasound this past week because I switched Drs. and once again I was told it was a boy.  So a BOY it is!  We told our children of the change and my 6yr old says "Mommy why did God change his mind?" 
I finally made myself remove the baby girl bedding I worked so hard on and pack it away.  My husband asked "what was I going to do with the bedding?" I told him I wasn't ready for someone else to have it.  He encouraged me to sell it. Maybe eventually I will but after all that work I am not ready to get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment