I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Gingerbread Waffles with Apple Chutney Syrup

I love breakfast, probably because its the most carb filled meal of my day! Here in Ecuador it feels like fall so I decided to eat like its fall.  We had Gingerbread Waffles this morning!  I can't remember where I got this recipe from because I found it in my recipe binder just written on a small sheet of paper. 
Gingerbread Waffles with Apples
4 eggs
1/3cp sugar
1cp molasses
1cp buttermilk (if you don't have it just add 1tblspn of vinegar to your regular milk and let it sit for 5min)
dry ingredients
3cps flour
2tspn ground ginger
1 1/4 tspn cinnamon
3/4 tspn salt
2tspn baking soda
2tspn baking powder
1/2 cp melted butter

-Beat eggs for 2min
- add next 3 ingredients and mix
- in seperate bowl mix dry ingredients
-Mix eggs mixture in with dry ingredients mix
-stir in butter

Apple Chutney Syrup
2 diced
1/2cp of honey or maple syrup
2tbspn of water
In a sauce pan on low heat place diced apples
cook for 5min adding water as needed.
then add the honey
pour over waffles

This morning I added 1/2cp of canned pumpkin and didn't use the apple sauce.  You can also make rasberry sauce from rasberry jelly and then add different berries over it.
This recipe makes about 12 waffles in our small waffle maker. 
Waffles anytime
What we do with the left over batter is stick it in a bottle and on school days squeeze it out for a quick and healthy breakfast. Or stick it in a medium size ziploc bag and cut one corner of it when your ready to use it and squeeze it out and trash the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment