I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Bunny Cake Balls using Marshmallow fondant

I prefer cookie balls over cake balls but it was easier to use cake balls for the size of the bunnies. I used marshmallow fondant instead of dipping them in chocolate which was another reason it was easier to make the cake balls. I have yet to master the dipping of chocolate for cake balls.   The bunny cake balls were a hit at my sons Easter Class picnic! Everyone raved about how great they tasted and how cute they were.  Cake ball recipes are all over the internet.  I don't know where I came up with mine.
  •  vanilla cake box or whatever flavor you prefer
  • cream cheese frosting or whatever one you prefer
  • marshmallow fondant see link below for recipe

Bake cake (whatever flavor butters your biscuit), let it cool.
Stick the baked cake in a bowl and make it crumbly. If you have kids they will love getting their hands dirty in this sugary mess.
Add a tub of frosting to the mix and mix well. 
Shape your balls.
Stick them in the fridge to cool down. 
Then wrap them in pink marshmallow fondant.  The marshmallow fondant recipe I like is from The Decorated Cookierecipe here
     Roll out your fondant and cut them into squares that will fit the size of your cakeballs you made.
    You may need to play w/ the size of the squares for a bit but the good thing is if you didn't get it right the first time if the fondant doesn't touch the cakeballs then you can reroll it and its not wasted.
    Put the gathered ends under and the smooth side up and that is the side you will decorate using the fondant for ears and food markers for the eyes, nose, etc..

I linked up with:
Simply Creations Friday

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I think I would have a hard time eating these lil bunnies since they are so adorable, but I bet they are delicious! Thank you for sharing them at Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence. Next Saturday we will be hosting our Sister Saturday Easter Edition, we'd love you to come back by and link up this post. It will be a link party for all things Easter!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather. I will definitely try to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super cute. I'm afraid of marshmallow fondant because it sounds so difficult! But I'm thinking I need to venture out and make something with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, I totally know what you mean. I blogged about my 1st experience with fondant the realy stuff. http://amomnotapro.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-did-it-i-made-ever-intimidating.html
    In that recipe I used the normal fondant and it was sooooo much harder than marshmallow. Marshmallow fondant esp. that recipe I used is easy. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! How fun!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete