I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Gift packages from toilet paper rolls

I love boxes! Everytime we get something that comes in a small box I usually keep it because I think of the countless things I can use it for in the future.  Most of the time I don't use them :(.  Well, these cute little boxes will surely be put to use because they are easy, practical and use things you already have in your home.

Material:
-toilet paper roll w/o the paper on it:)
-scrapbooking paper, gift wrap or tissue paper
-ribbon
-glue
-scissors

Instead of tossing your TP rolls now you can put them to use or you can use kitchen towel rolls for larger boxes: 
1. flatten the roll out.  Press both sides firmly to flatten
2. trace the roll on your scrapbooking paper.
3. cut it out and glue on roll
4. press the open ends down to create your top and bottom closure
5. put some ribbon on it to keep the top and bottom closed

You can use it to put a cute little note in it, stuff it with small acts of kindness gifts: tea, chocolates, gum, mints, etc... Great for party favors and cover it with the theme your going with!

No comments:

Post a Comment