I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Nautical/ Pirate Room

This is what I have to work with.  The selection here for home decor is limited if your on a budget so my creative instincts need to kick in!
The Fabric: I will be making a crib bedskirt, twin duvet, pillows, crib blanket

Some decor items- I will set these around the room

A paddle- I plan to put either a quote or initials on the paddle

captains wheel wall hanging- place on the bunk bed with a screw so the boys can move it around and play!

cute little pirates- I will glue these to some book ends
simple hat rack- put anchor or something else on it.

Stay tune to see the finish product!  I will have to hurry because my boys are sooo EXCITED to have their room finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment