I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Frilly Fru- Fru Chic Projects

I have always liked to "brag" on how I am not a frilly fru-fru chic but I must say after putting these pictures in this post I am not fooling anyone on my current taste of decor. 

Can any of you relate to an over achiever thought processer but pretty average when it comes to the output?  Both of my hands are going up and if my husband was here his would be going up for me :). I have so many wonderful projects I want to tackle for our new home but not sure how many I will actually get to since its the end of the school year, we in process of moving and then we are going on our first furlough in 2.5yrs. 

Urban Outfitters Duvet this is too big for my suitcases and my budget so I would like to attempt making it. I can't decide what style I like but the ruffles all over is going to be TIME CONSUMING.
Urban Outfitters Ruffled Bed Covers

I am working on this Faux Capiz Chandelier


I desperately need to make curtains for our home because we  have tons of BIG windows and they are outrageously priced  here.  I need to get my sewing game on. They make homes here with BIG windows which I don't mind because I like natural light but can be overwhelming if your making them.
Semi ruffled curtains or even with rosettes but I can't decide. These are shown as shower curtains but I want to make them for our living room window.
  Anthropologie

I can't wait to show you the finish projects!  Gotta go sew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment