I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mom Rocks! DIY Graphic Tee

My husbands 6th grade class will be making these for their moms! Just find the art you want and print it out the size you want it on the shirt. We used clipart from Word and used Text Art from Word for the letters.
You will need: Freezer Paper, Fabric paint, Blade, Picture of your art, sharpie

 1. Trace your picture onto the non shiny side of the freezer paper.
2. With the blade trace around the drawing. You will only be using the negative space.  Lay the art on the shirt.  3. Place a hot iron over it and it will stick to shirt.

4. Now you can start the fun painting!

5.  Once your done peel off the freezer paper.

There you have it!

Proud son!!


Above are some more Freezer Paper Painted Shirts from the 6th Grade class, that middle one says #1 MOM.

2 comments:

  1. Mari! this is such a great idea. I love that your husband had his class make them. What a fun project. Thank you for sharing it with us this past week at Inspiration Friday!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather thanks for popping over! As a mother it was so fun to watch the kids work so hard on making the perfect shirt for their moms.

    ReplyDelete