I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Gathered borders or ruffled? That is the question

cirrus bedding

I am in the process of trying to buy fabric to make one of these and can't figure out which one is more work.
The gathered borders duvet from Anthropologie. With this one I don't need to find fabric that doesn't fray easily.

Or the botton picture from Urban Outfitters that is ruffled.
I know for a fact that ruffles are time consuming and after making my curtains I now know to find fabric that doesn't fray for ruffles.
Decisions, decisions......

2 comments:

  1. If this was for me I'd be leaning toward the ruffles, but they ARE alot of work, even for a smaller project! Whatever you pick, it'll come out gorgeous. You have the knack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Ann. i really want the ruffles but i don't think i can commit to ruffles :)

    ReplyDelete