I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

DIY Halloween Favors: Pumpkin, Bat, Ghost Pencil Toppers

 
These are a wonderful class treats for my boys classmates! It's a great alternative to Halloween candy treats and not to mention practical.  This would also make a great craft for a Halloween party!
 
You will need: pencils, styrofoam balls, orange and black craft paint, googly eyes, green pipe cleaner, black foam craft paper, sharpie, white crepe paper or fabric.
 
Insert your pencil through the foam just enough to give it a steady grip.  If you have older kids you can paint it on the pencil but if it's younger kids I would put it on a stick and have them paint it. 
For the Bat:
Glue googly eyes and on the black foam draw & cut out some bat wings.  Glue those to the back. 
For the Pumpkin:
Using a sharpie draw the face and then at the top make a little hole for the green pipe cleaner to go in and glue to secure.
For the Ghost:
I would use white fabric just to ensure that it will last longer. Crepe paper is sturdy but it will tear. Place fabric over plain styrofoam ball. Once you have figure out placement glue the fabric to the inside.  Using a sharpie draw face on fabric.
 
Let's keep in touch via Twitter, Google + or Facebook!
 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer, Your comment totally put a smile on my face. I love hearing when our readers put to use our post!
    Thanks for stopping by and letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good post. This post give truly quality information.I’m definitely going to look into it.Really very useful tips are provided here.thank you so much.Keep up the good works

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your website is a amazing one. What really impresses me is that you are effectively described that there are a huge variety of sources that are available to create a website or launch one but what problems is that you choose the right one, the one that gives you all that is actually needed. http://www.cheapwebsitedesign4u.org.uk

    ReplyDelete