I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Magnetic Mr. Potato Head

Endless fun with this Magnetic Mr. Potato Head! This is a great traveling, church, meeting activity for the kids.
I was helping my toddler with his "homework" in his Playskool book. He insisted for me to give him some homework. Oh, how I wish that enthusiasm follows him throughout  his teen years.
When we got to the end of the Mr. Potato Head themed Alphabet book they had some cut outs for you to glue and make your own Potato Head.  That's when I had my aha moment and thought we could use magnets so he can keep playing with them.
What you need:
Playskool Mr. Potato Head Themed workbook
Glue
Adhesive Magnets
Cardboard
Clear Contact paper

1. I went through the book and I cut out all the different Mr. Potato Heads and their outfits.
2. Glue them all to one piece of cardboard paper.
3. Apply Contact paper over it.
4. Cut out each individual pc and place the magnets on the back.


 
Store them in a tin box w/ a handle for easy traveling. You can find these at your local craft store in white. 
Endless fun to be had!  Great for travel!

Linked up withToo Cute Tuesday

11 comments:

  1. Genius! You could use other themed workbooks, too. I'm an old granny - all my grands are too old for this... but there will be great grands! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terri! Yes, happy crafting! thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I ask where you found the workbook? I'd love to make these for my son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was either Walmart or Target

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! This would be fun as paper dolls too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! What a fabulous idea you had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ladies. Yes, it would be fun with paper dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did something similar with a one time use Monster from Joanns near Halloween! Except the faces wouldnt stick through the body, are you having any issues?

    Would love for you to come over and share!
    http://allthingsfee.blogspot.com/2011/06/calling-all-crafters-11th-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! I think my kids would love these! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. felicia so far no problems w/ them sticking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute idea!! I just pinned this and can't wait to make it for my little ones!! I would love for you to come link up at our link party right now...junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com/2011/11/link-it-up-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete