I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

FUN Kid Friendly Halloween Party Ideas

A Halloween/Harvest Party has been a tradition in our family.  Here in this country they do Day of the Dead which is mostly a religious holiday celebrated by Catholics. It is very different from the fun, light hearted celebrations we have so we have stuck to our simple, "let's celebrate fall and eat lots of goodies" type of party.

In the past I have tried to be innovative in my decorating to come up with some kid friendly fun ideas because our boys are young and blood and guts scare them. These are some of the kid friendly Halloween party ideas I have come up with and others are from BHG.  Last year, I went with the purple, orange and black theme and the year before it was a Pumpkin Patch theme lots of pumpkin and hay. 
Party table
Look Up
KID CRAFT:
Use a melon baller and cut an insert in the middle big enough for a tea candle. Glue wiggly eyes to the pumpkin and ahead of time make 4 small holes on the bottom to insert pipe cleaners for the legs. 

FOOD:
Candy Corn Display
Apple wedges sandwiched with caramel and marshmallows for teeth

Store bought Orange Punch and with a sharpie made pumpkin faces
Candy Corn Cookies
Halloween Sucker Centerpiece

Worm Juice- Gummy worms on the edges of the punch bowl. I taped to the outside of the bowl eyes.
Lolipops covered in orange tissue paper and pumpkin faces drawn on.
Hotdogs wrapped in frozen biscuit dough or dinner roll, crescent rolls also works and then bake.

healthy snack- mandarines pumpkins

Pumpkin cupcakes using choco. chips for the face and green fondant for the stem.

Bundt cake pumpkin cake
ACTIVITIES

Hang a picture frame from the ceiling and add lots of props for fun pictures



Decorate your pumpkin station. We had markers, feathers, tissue paper, pipe cleaners and paint out on the table for kids to do whatever they wished with their pumpkins

Lovely!
 PARTY FAVORS
Orange Rice Krispie balls



If you go to http://search.bhg.com/search/s?q=halloween+party+ideas it has a list of different themed Halloween parties and free printables.  The large professional looking pictures posted above are also from BHG.

36 comments:

  1. Wow, you found some amazing ideas! I am going to pin a couple of these to my Halloween Pinterest board. Thanks for finding them!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun ideas! If you get a chance, I'd love to have you link up! (http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2011/09/one-stop-thursday-linky-party_22.html) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, love the apple teethe and those pumpkin spiders. I would love for you to share all of your brilliant ideas at Bacon time.

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

    The linky will be up until late tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this great craft ideas. I love the Halloween recipes. I'm visiting from Inspiration Friday. I hope you take a visit at my blog if you have time.

    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those pumpkin spiders are so cute! I'd love for you to share them at my Halloween link party. Doors open 7am CST Oct. 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is exactly what am I looking for. Are you interested to participate my October's Halloween Party? See the event link here http://hankerie.blogspot.com/2011/10/event-october-halloween-party.html

    What you need to do is just link it in your blog. Hope to see your entry soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All great ideas. Love the candy corn cookies. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like an amazing party!! Love those apples :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies, I had so much fun with these silly party appetizers and games!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you find the orange drinks? I have looked at a couple stores and I am not having any luck. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy, I haven't found them this year either. So what I am going to do is use clear cups and sharpie on them pumpkin faces and fill them with some orange drink. Kind of like this but with pumpkins http://www.marthastewart.com/268175/boo-nilla-shake?czone=holiday/halloween-center/halloween-center-desserts

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like so much fun! The treats look delish! We'd love if you'd share with our Countdown to Fall link party! Hope to see you there! Happy Weekend!
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_08_13_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am having a halloween birthday party for my girls and I came across your blog. I love the orange punch bottles with the sharpie pumpkin faces. Can you tell me the name of the orange punch and where you purchased them?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, This was so long ago that I don't remember either. But really could could do this with juice boxes and just cover it with orange paper and draw a face or you can do it on a clear plastic glass and draw the face and fill it with orange punch.

      Delete
  14. I plan to celebrate this year and make it the best halloween party nyc for my kids. These are great ideas and I’m going to borrow some of them, thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! Just wanted to let you know that I linked to your post in my blog :) Thanks for sharing your awesome ideas!!

    http://theroadtocrazy.blogspot.com/2015/10/31-days-of-halloween-day-4-healthy.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice , Halloween in London always celebrated as a big event. Join Halloween Parties In London 2016 And Let's Make this Halloween Special.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I must thanks to you for this great work about the Halloween pumpkin it's so nice and great well done.
    Carve Halloween Pumpkins

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing this valuable ideas. You can find more ideas for baby parenting here..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Are you looking for happy halloween Day 2018 image with name? Online wish anyone happy halloween day with name your friends and family on Instagram, Whatsapp & Facebook.Online Generate Upcoming Happy Halloween Day Trick Or Treating with Name Picture into My Name On Pics.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sex items are becoming very popular in the market today. We are one popular name in the business that is bringing all Best Adult Outfits Online range of items at one place. Through our portal you will get the chance to find and shop for the best items which are affordable as well as suitable.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The need of the hour for today’s generation is finding the best sex items. We are always in the hunt and process to bring for you what is best. Go through the Adult Toys for Women portal and there you will certainly find out the best sex items as well as range of products.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You can channel your inner Kim Kardashian at the Met Gala .Thrown some black leggings and oversize black T-shirt and wear a wig in a ponytail. Think about it this way you don’t even have to do your make up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great Post!!

    Thanks for sharing this wonderful post with us. This is more helpful for find the best and unique quality of Sexy Harnesses dresses online for sexy girl.

    ReplyDelete