Tomorrow we will make Pizza Pull Apart Bread with the added challenge to make the dough from scratch. I made it last night for my family to ensure that it was possible to do with 12 second graders.
There are a lot of different ways you can make this recipe and as always I looked at about 6 recipes and then mixed and matched and came up with what I want mine to taste like. You can make this as a meal and serve it with salad or as an appetizer.
Pizza Pull Apart Bread
1 pk of refridgerated dinner rolls, pizza crust or you can even make it from bisquick or your own favorite pizza dough recipe from scratch
shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tblspn garlic paste
pizza sauce/marinara sauce
2 tblspn of melted butter
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and sprinkle cheese over it. then press it into the dough
- cut the dough with a knife or pizza cutter into med size squares
- grab a square and stuff it with some cheese, a tiny dallop of pizza sauce and 1 pepperoni and fold the end over each other so it is all closed up.
- put the rolled up squares into a lightly greased baking dish, pie pan. Only stack rolls on top of each other once.
- in another bowl mix melted butter, garlic paste and italian seasoning
- once all your squares are rolled up drizzle the garlic paste mix all over it(make sure you cover the dough completely and sprinkle parmesan cheese over it.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes or lightly browned on top at 400 degrees. Make sure you rack in the middle so the dish is in the middle of the oven.
- Eat them warm and dip them in some Marinara sauce