I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Pears and Gingerbread Oatmeal Breakfast Bake

Our mornings are crazy, crazy and did I say crazy! I am hoping this last for a couple of breakfast meals this week.
I first had this when a friend brought us a meal after our baby was born. She said you can eat this lots of ways: for breakfast, for dessert, with milk, with out milk or with icecream.  The other night I envisioned this Oatmeal Bake with a Gingerbread flavor and pears. 
So now I am trying my craving out, enjoy!  This is one of our 5 Must Try Christmas Breakfast Recipes from Inspired by Family Magazine.

6 cups oatmeal
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. salt
1.5 cup brown sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves

 
Stir in another bowl:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups milk
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup molasses (if your molasses is strong in flavor or if your not a big fan of molasses/gingerbread flavor reduce amount)

 
sliced pears or apples

 
This recipes does not require flour. When baked it will rise like a cake but with a fluffy, crumbly texture.
Directions:
  • Mix together first 7 ingredients.
  • Stir the other 5 ingredients in another bowl then add this mix to your dry ingredients.
  • Place in baking dish and layer on top thin pear slices. You can also dice them up and put them in the dry ingredients.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes in a lightly greased pan. Make enough for 6-8 people.
 
If you want it to be sweeter drizzle it with caramel sauce or for dessert add a scoop of vanilla icecream!
To reheat add a little milk or water, cover and microwave for 30 to 60 seconds.

 

 
Image via Kyla Roma
 

 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that anonymous. We have made it lots of times and its fabulous! Sometimes molasses strength varies depending on the brand so I would suggest to use less for your brand. I explained the steps a bit more maybe that will help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and no it doesn't require flour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so tasty! Glad you shared at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete