I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

What to do with BREAD ENDS?

Waste not.......  I keep my bread ends in a ziploc bag and once the bag gets full I make a breakfast casserole.  Here are two recipes I love and use often.

Baked French Toast Casserole
from Cooks.com

2 loaves sour dough bread (crusts removed)
1 pkg. of cream cheese
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tart apples
6 eggs
1 c. milk
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Cut bread in half, layer half in casserole dish. Pat on cream cheese. Sprinkle on sugar and slices of tart apple. Add rest of bread and repeat. Pour mixture of eggs, milk and cinnamon over all. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.

or Bacon and Berries Breakfast casserole recipe here
 

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I have several ends in my pantry right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy and a great idea for using the pieces nobody wants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I have another bread ends bag started in my fridge :)

    ReplyDelete