I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Pumpkin Soup with Italian Sausage

I finally got the recipe down to perfection! 

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1 apple, peeled and diced
2 cups fresh pumpkin, roasted and diced, see note below
1 tablespoon sage
2 tablespoons of flour
1tbspoon of honey
1/4tsp nutmeg
1tsp curry
3 cups chicken stock
1 cup cream
1cp of cooked sausage
1 cp of shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper

Directions
1. In a stockpot over medium heat, melt butter and saute onion, carrot, apple and sage until all are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Puree the above and add the roasted pumpkin in blender or food processor. Return the puree to the pot.
3. In a bowl add to chicken stock: nutmeg, honey and flour.
4. Add chicken stock mix to puree and simmer for 15 min.
5. Then add the cream, curry and sausage. Simmer for 5 more minutes, lowering the heat if necessary so it does not boil. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Top with Cheddar cheese.

Divide soup among 4 soup bowls and serve immediately.

Note: To roast pumpkin, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut whole pumpkin in half and then cut each half into several pieces. Discard seeds or reserve for another use. Place pumpkin on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven until tender but not falling apart, about 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool, peel away skin, and dice.





11 comments:

  1. Oh yeah,...that looks amazing!! Definitely will be trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so tasty! I am all about anything pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy - I have pinned this to try very soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

    If you have a spare minute I would love it if you would enter my giveaway for a custom made pinstripe skirt with pockets.

    http://theorchardinbloom.blogspot.com/2011/08/pinstripe-skirt-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i love Fall and all it entails: cool weather, crisp leaves falling, yummy food, traditions, comfort colors .......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy!! I’d love for you to link this reciper to Things I’ve Made Thursdays. I’m trying something new this week- We have two sections to the party- one for kids’ things and one for “Anything”!! I think this post would be an awesome addition to the “Anything Goes” party!

    Hope you’ll stop by on Thursday and link up!
    Melanie
    http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/09/things-ive-done-thursday-new.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds SO delicious. I make pumpkin soup every year (after carving them for Halloween!) but I'm usually the only one that eats it--your recipe sounds like something I could coerce everyone into eating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for linking to Take-a-Look Tuesday - you were featured today!! - Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks AMAZING! If you get a chance, I'd love to have you link this up to my party at http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2011/09/everyone-wins-giveaway-linky-party.html. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thanks ladies for the love and the features! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks interesting; I'm wondering why pumpkin over squash?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stampencamper, I am not sure how different it would taste using squash but I personally love the flavor combinations of Pumpkin/Sausage.

    ReplyDelete