I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pizza on a Stick

I was inspired by a picture I saw on Pinterest for breadsticks and I knew right away that I wanted them to be Pizza on a Stick.

Ingredients

1 1/2 c. warm (105-115 degrees) water
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. yeast
1 tsp. salt
2Tbl. Olive Oil
3-4 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c of dice pepperoni
1/2 c of mozzarella
Parmesan
Italian Seasoning
Garlic seasoning
Wooden Skewers
Melted butter
Pizza sauce for dipping

In a large bowl, combine water, sugar, and yeast. Let stand for 10 minutes or until yeast is bubbly.

Add salt, olive oil and stir. Add 1 1/2 c. flour and mix well. Add pepperoni, italian seasoning, parmesan and mozzarella. Gradually add all the flour until dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl and it barely sticks to your finger.
Spray a bowl with cooking spray and place dough in the bowl.

Cover and allow to rise for 20 minutes.

Remove from bowl and place on a lightly floured surface. Cover a cookie sheet with foil. Roll into a rectangle and cut into 12 strips with a pizza cutter. Brush melted butter over it and sprinkle Garlic seasoning over it.
Roll dough around skewer and bake 425 for 15min. Brush some more melted butter on it and sprinkle paremesan over it.  Dip in pizza sauce.
This makes about 18 large Pizza sticks.

18 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I bet you could make these and sell them at a school gala or something.:) I'm a new follower from Jane Deere:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent idea! I bet kids love these.

    I would love for you to link up and share this recipe over on my mommy solution meme so my readers can see it!

    http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2011/09/the-mommy-club-share-your-resources-and-solutions-11/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I'll have to try this at my house. I think my kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! We will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this would be great party or game day food. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time, love pinterest too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shiloh, yes that would be a great thing to sell for a fundraiser or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!! Can't wait to try these! I'm visiting from the NJAH linky party, I hope you'll pop by and say hello!

    http://littlebirdiebaby.blogspot.com/2011/10/tutorial-tuesday-linky-party-trio-of.html

    I also have a linky party every Tuesday and would love it if you'd link up your tutorial, I'm featuring recipes this week! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea! My kids are going to love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! And it looks so good! Visiting from NJAH link party.
    -Mackenzie @ www.fridaynightdatenight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are good especially with lots of mozzarella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh...these are fun!! They'd be great for a party!!
    Visiting from Marketing Yourself Monday!
    Willa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! These look great!

    I stumbled this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so wonderful, I can't wait to try them. I know they are pizza on a stick, but they remind me of the breadsticks at The Pizza Factory in Cedar City.The best I have ever had. I linked to you from Made By You Monday. I'm excited to try these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Want To Appreciate Dr.OYAGU for hs great deeds, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year,And Was Looking For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr.OYAGU Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr.OYAGU I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me,I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health.He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative.My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have There Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr OYAGU To Help You Too,And Help Me To Thank Dr.OYAGU For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. OYAGU Herbal Medicine,His Contact Email:oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2348101755322 thank you

    ReplyDelete