I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Monster Pillow From a Baby Blanket

Here's a creative way to preserve your baby items by repurposing your baby blanket into a pillow.

 
I turned one of my boy's baby blanket into a keepsake pillow. If you're looking for my ideas to preserve your baby items here's a great article: 6 Creative Ways to Preserve Baby Items.
 
We have tons of blankets from when they were little and I was trying to figure out how to put them to good use. Especially since some of them have some sentimental value. Since my son has nose bleeds I decided the best thing to do was make it into a pillow case.
 
He loves collecting things so we put a pocket in it. The mouth is a pocket. He absolutely loves it. For the first 2 months he want it with him every where now it just stays on his bed.
 
 
 How to:
I just folded the baby blanket in half and sewed around 2 sides of the blanket for a pillow case but for a pillow sew all three sides.
 
I used sturdy fabric glue to glue on the eyes, mouth and teeth. The mouth is actually a pocket, at my sons request.
 
I sewed on the red hair. You can sew the whole pillow instead of gluing it. But I had a long list of stocking stuffer gifts to make for my family so I glued as much as I could. It took me about 20 minutes to make this.

1 comment:

  1. Thats cute,Thanks for the good idea.

    ReplyDelete