The expression on their faces pretty much sums up how much they enjoyed it. I was hoping to make a volcano for each kid to take home as a party favor but I was limited on time so we went with just one volcano.
It's really easy using air dry clay and having the bottle as a base instead of trying to get it to stand up on its own.
Follow along to catch all of the great post via your favorite social network :Twitter,Pinterest or Facebook and our readers preferred way via email.
What you will need is:
- Air dry clay
- empty plastic bottle
- red food coloring
- baking soda
To make the volcano:
1. Flatten out your air dry clay. I used terracotta color b/c that was all I found and I had not desire in painting it. You can buy white and then paint it.
2. Once it's flatten stick it to the bottle and it will air dry right onto the bottle. Do this around the whole bottle and then flatten it out to create a smooth surface for the volcano.
3. The bottle creates a base for the eruption solution.
4. Air dry over night.
For the eruption solution:
1. Take 2 tbl of baking soda and using a funnel drop it in the bottle.
2. Then add 1/2 cup of vinegar. Notice my bottle is small so it didn't take much for the solution to erupt out of the bottle. If you're using a bigger bottle you will need more baking soda and vinegar.
We ended our activities with this and it was a big hit!