I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Earth Day Kid Activity: Earth Suncatcher

I love how the sun shines through the turquoise and green earth on this Suncatcher Earth day craft.



Isn't it a beautiful thing that we celebrate the Earth and all that it has given us! 

You won't believe what I used to make this?

  • Paper plate
  • clear contact paper
  • tissue paper
  1. Cut out a circle in the middle of your plate.
  2. Trace that circle onto your contact paper and your blue tissue paper.
  3. Now cut the contact paper circle and leave a couple of cm out so it can adhere to the paper plate.
  4. Peel contact paper and place on paper plate.

  1. Place your blue tissue paper over the sticky side of your contact paper.
  2. Cut out your green tissue paper to resemble the continents at least 2 will fit.
  3. Run some string through the top and hang somewhere you can get sunlight to shine through.

1 comment:

  1. This is really some awesome advice. Keep it up, my colleagues would love this.
    giochi perbambini

    ReplyDelete