I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sailing Spuds

My plans for dinner were to make Chicken Ranch Spuds. As I was making them I thought these hallowed potatoe shells look like boats. So for dinner our boys had Sailing Spuds. No time for creativity just serve the Chicken Ranch spuds w/o the sails.
Sailing Spuds
6 med/large potatoes
3 tbspn butter
1/2 cp sour cream
3tbspn cream cheese
dry ranch seasoning packet
chicken
salt
cheddar cheese

It is fairly easy to make.
Bake potatoes in the oven at 450 for an hour. Make sure you pierce them with the fork several times before you bake them.
Once baked slice the top off so that you can begin to gut them. I used a melon baller but its much easier to use a spoon.
Put the skin to the side.
Mash the potatoes in a bowl and mix in the rest of the ingredients.
Stuff the skins with this mix.
Top with cheddar cheese
Bake for another 10min.
Cut lettuce in a triangle shape and celery into thin slices. Run the toothpick through the celery and lettuce to hold up the sail.

No comments:

Post a Comment