I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Paint Your Own Ceramic Gifts

This is a great gift idea for anyone in your life! No need for special equipment just use your own oven! Bake at 300 degrees for 30minutes.

Sassy Mug-This one is my favorite!
Supplies:
Plate or mug
Pebeo Porcelaine 150 your color choices
Pebeo Porcelaine Gloss finish
Dry Erase marker

1. Use the dry eraser marker to draft your design and get an idea of what you want it to look like. Erase it and then start your painting.
2. Follow the directions on the paint. These paints are permanent and dishwasher safe once baked.
*Since many vitreous and ceramic materials cannot withstand sudden changes in temperature, we recommend that you place your piece in a room temperature oven and allow it to warm up with the oven. After 30 minutes, turn the oven off and allow it to cool back to room temperature gradually.

Personalized plate and bowl set.

Teacher gift: The flowers are the kids fingerprints. I traced around their fingerprints and added a stem. It says "Plant a Seed and Watch it Grow".

Poppies Serving Platter I ordered my paints online but you can get them at your local craft store.

Visit Inspired by Family for all 18 DIY Gifts & Stocking Stuffer Ideas


No comments:

Post a Comment