I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Friday, March 5, 2010

this is why i don't have a blog on the art of baking

Double Chocolate disaster in a row.

For months I have been wanting to bake those amazing chocolate ooze treats: Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes. Thanks to my fabulous hubbie I was able to put together the recipe with his help.

This is what they are supposed to look like. The rich and thick chocolate is supposed to come oozing out of the middle. I was very careful in removing them out of the pan b/c I didn't want the finger lickin good ooze to come out onto the pan. So I finally got them on a plate and lightly sprinkled powdered sugar on them as the instructions requested. And both me and my hubbie stood over them with a fork ready to burst open the volcano and have the lava gush out. Fork went in and nothing came gushing out. HUGE disappointment! Apparently, I overcooked them so the ooze cooked but they still tasted yummmay!

Tonight I tried to make Rachael Rays Peanut Butter Stuffed Milk Chocolate Sandwich cookies Yumminess for the dinner party I had. I followed all the instructions on there step by step with the exception of using an electric mixer. For me this was quite the accomplishment until my cookies ended up looking more like chocolate crunchy crepes. Super thin, hard and flat. So then I added more flour and tried again. This was an improvement looking more cookie like and not so much like a crepe. I spooned the Peanut Butter filling in the middle and made cookie sandwich out of them and noone could tell this was a baking disaster.

Lesson to be learned: waste not, eat lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment