I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring is near, cute lil chickies are here

I had to bake something to test the fondant from below out so I made Strawberry Lemon Chickie Cupcakes. I used the fondant that I was so proud of from below. If I made these again I would just use normal frosting. Though I will say that the fondant held itself together a lot better than the frosting would of since I had to tote them around to 2 different schools. The recipe for the Strawberry Yogurt cake is on http://www.bettycrocker.com/ and I used boxed lemon cake to make it Strawberry Lemon.
Here they are all packaged up another plus about using fondant instead of frosting I don't have to worry about the frosting rubbing against the plastic bag. I gave these to my boys teachers with a note saying Spring is here End of the school year is near. The chickie w/ the note "Your my favorite gift" went in my sons lunch bag.

Making the fondant yellow is easy. I used Wiltons food coloring and with a toothpick just spread it around on the egg size fondant. Then I just rolled it around my hands and kneaded it until it was yellow. I used chocolate pieces for the eyes, pretzels for the feet and soft pink candy like taffy for the nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment