I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

DIY Wall Art

Painting is one of my joys and everytime someone comes over they say "oh I could never do that".  Well, I made this piece of wall art that I really think you can make.
Material needed:
-blank canvas whatever you size you wish
-different sizes of flat styrofoam circles
-acyrclic paint (you can get the small tubes at Michaels) 
-paint brush
-craft glue
1. I painted the canvas beige. I mix my own colors so a beige from the store may not look like mine.
2. After it was semi dry I randomly smeared across the top with a paint brush some off white over the beige to give it a two tone look.
3. Then I began choosing my colors for my styrofoam circles.  I used colors to coordinate with my room.  You can use less circles, more circles or all the same size cirlces have fun and play with it.  The styrofoam circles are really inexpensive so you can either buy new ones or turn them over if you are not happy with first color combinations. 
4. Once the circles are dry than begin placing them which ever way you wish but don't glue them until you figure out where your permanently placing them.  I put 4 on the bottom and 2 on the top. 
5.  I used clear craft glue to adhere the styrofoam circles to the canvas.
6. Once it was all dry I decided I wanted a little design on 2 of the circles so I painted them on with cream colored paint.
Your done! It took me about 45min with drying and testing colors and placement and it cost under $8. Let me know if you try it!

2 comments:

  1. I clicked on your post twice from Allies linky party! Love it! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Natalia! cheap and easy is my motto. well actually there is more practical, fun, yummy......

    ReplyDelete