I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ruffled Scarf in 5 min and no sewing involved!!!



Cut a long piece of fleece you can use another scarf as your template. The great thing about this ruffled fleece scarf is you can't tell if you don't cut it in a straight line.

Then every 6 in. cut a small slit and run your ribbon through the slits.   Have fun with the ribbon you choose: satin, colorful, sheer......





Tie a knot at the end of the ribbon and voila it's finished.  You can wear it as loose as you want like the pic. above and it hangs down low. I personally like it tightly around my neck so the full effect of the ruffle is seen!

4 comments:

  1. thanks, it's amazing how necessity makes you creative:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, word on the street in Joann's is having a crazy sale on Fleece. Could I have found this at a better time? Are you sure it's this simple? Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, yes SUPER easy! I love it b/c I can wear it loose or tight around my neck. So versatile! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete