I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Jello Fruit Slices

IMG_8648I have a large fruit tree outside our door.  We have yet to figure out exactly what kind of fruit it is.  It looks like a grape fruit but it is as tart as a lime.  They range from yellow to green and they are med to large.  I haven't had any sucess in opening one up that is ripe since I don't know what ripe means because we don't know what they are. 

I decided to find a better use for them.  Gut them and fill it up with JELLO!

Instructions:
1. Make the Jello as instructed on the box. 
2. Gut the oranges/limes/grapefruit whatever it is you use.
3. Put them in a muffin pan (so they don't spill) and fill them up with jello. 
4. Let them become solid 3-4hrs and then slice them up.

IMG_0098

The lovely pictures are from the blog More Fruit Please

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea!! My kids would totally love this, thank you so much for sharing! I am here from tip junkie and your newest follower...can't wait to look through more of your amazing ideas :) Please come check me out at Blue Skies Ahead anytime!
    Tonii
    www.ptskjohnson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fun! My kids would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the fruit is a pomelo.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomelo
    Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete