I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

How to Make Reindeer Antlers with Chocolate



I  am so glad you stopped by, I know your dying to find out how to make reindeer antlers from chocolate. NO more Mickey Mouse ears Reindeer Antlers for you.
Here it is, drumroll please:
You need wax paper, melted chocolate and a ziploc bag.

Last night I was rushing to get through my to do list of Christmas party goodies, classroom goodies, Christmas program sheep costumes etc..... To my surprise I discovered that using pretzels for antlers on my cupcakes wasn't going to fly like it did on my cookies. Mostly due to the shape. On my cookies they look like antlers on my cupcakes they looked like Mickey Mouse the rednose reindeer.

Frustrated and with little time to waste I tried something new that I vaguely remembered reading somewhere.  Desperate I trusted my vague thoughts, on how to trace shapes of things with chocolate onto waxpaper. 

I am here to report it's easy and it worked great. See for yourself Mickey Mouse the Red Nose Reindeer and Rudolph, big difference huh.
Here are the antlers cooling on wax paper.  If your afraid to mess up or want more intricate antlers draw them on first with a sharpie on the back side and then flip it over and trace with the chocolate.  In a small bowl melt chocolate and insert into a ziploc bag. Twist bag and make a small snip at the end to squeeze chocolate out.  They peel right off!

The truth of the matter is the kids could careless if they look like Mickey Mouse or Reindeer so don't fret and enjoy your holidays!

4 comments:

  1. …....... /)
    ……... ( , )
    ….….|░░░|
    ……..|░░░|☆ merry _(♥)_
    …..@|░░░|¸.¤“˜¨christmas.
    .¨˜“¤|░░ഐ¤ª@“˜¨¨
    …¨˜“გª¤.¸::¸.¤ª☆“˜¨¨happy new year.
    …¤¸*¸.¤ª“˜@¨¨¨***2012****.
    *♥*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, I think BOTH reindeer look great. When I first saw the pretzel antlers, I admired someone thinking creatively. Sometimes, moms are way too harsh and demanding of their efforts...just saying.
    Oh, and here's my idea for reindeer antlers on cookies; what about tiny stick pretzels, dipped in chocolate? If something tastes great, then the solution passes the visual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzie, I just couldn't get pass the Mickey Mouse visual in my head but I am ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY sure that the children in my sons class could care less. It was more for ME :). Good idea on dipping pretzel sticks.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These turned out super cute!

    ReplyDelete