I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sundried Tomatoes, Gouda & Bacon Quiche

I am one of those cooks who loves to try new challenging recipes in the kitchen but I skip right over a lot of the easy stuff.  One day I decided to make crossaints, yes, warning it is very challenging. At that point I had never made Pie Crust, which is a whole lot easier than crossaints. Silly I know but maybe some of you can relate.

One of the easy things I have skipped over is making Quiche so recently I have been experimenting with it. Three things I realized:
  • They are super easy to make
  • You can pretty much make any kind of quiche
  • I don't like crustless quiche
One of my many favorite flavor combinations is Sundried Tomatoes, Gouda and bacon. Your mouth will be bursting with flavors.  Here I made Stuffed Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes and Spinach recipe
So I am going to have at it adding this flavor combo into a Quiche!

Ingredients
prepared Crust either your favorite recipe or store bought
6 eggs
1 cup whole milk
3-4 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
3/4 tsp fresh sea salt
1 cup grated gouda cheese
1/3 cup grated mozzarella
1/2 cup chopped spinach
6 Sundried tomatoes chopped w/ a little bit of it's oil

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Lightly grease a pan and press crust into pan and crimp edges.
3. Beat the eggs and milk until light and fluffy, add salt and pepper. Whisk in bacon, spinach, SD tomatoes, cheese. Pour into the prepared crust.
Bake for 35-40minutes or until set and not wiggly in the middle.

For more CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST PARTY RECIPES



No comments:

Post a Comment