The only reason I really, really wanted to make these was because they are adorable. Sure they tasted good and not to mention healthy but the picture screams for summer, picnic blankets, ants, summer pasta salads, mosquitoes, water fights........
If you don't want to use yogurt Kraft has a recipe on how to make it with Jello. In my opinion using yogurt was easier and healthier.
You will need:
- Vanilla Yogurt
- Strawberry Yogurt
- Lime Yogurt
- Blueberries or chocolate chips for a naughty alternative
- green food coloring
- popsicle sticks
- plastic disposable cups
1. I filled 20 plastic disposable cups with Lime Yogurt (this is the rind of the watermelon) if you want the really green look add green food coloring. Or if you run out the lime yogurt like I did add green food coloring to the vanilla yogurt.
2. Stick it in the freezer for about 30-45 min.(maybe less time). Then add your next layer the white part of the rind. Add vanilla yogurt to cups and freeze again for about 30- 45 min.
3. Add your sticks in the middle.
4. Add the last layer the strawberry yogurt and drop in blueberries so they look like seeds.
Note: When adding layers I didn't need for the yogurt to be completely solid in order to add the next layer but some what solid to avoid it from dripping down and mixing in with the other flavors.
Freeze until completely solid