I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I am happy to report Foccacia Bread is so easy to make!

The thought of making foccacia bread seemed daunting I had not even looked at a recipe yet but I just got it in my head that it was an overwhelming task. 

I am happy to report it is really easy!  Yes, only a couple of ingredients to make the basic bread and then you can top it with whatever butters your biscuit.

I used this recipe from allrecipes.com  for the basic bread and then I jazzed it up with some of my favorite things.
Ingredients:


3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg
3 tablespoons olive oil
1.In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix 1 cup flour, sugar, salt, and yeast.


2.Mix in warm water, vegetable oil, and egg until dough is moist.

3.Beat on medium for 2 additional minutes.

4.Stir in 1 3/4 cup flour while beating until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.

5.Remove dough from the bowl and knead in 3/4 cup flour on floured surface.

6.Cover dough and let sit for 5 minutes.

7.Place dough on a greased baking sheet. Roll out to a 12 inch circle (or whatever shape you choose).

8.Cover with plastic wrap and a cloth towel.

9.Place in a warm place for 30 minutes.

10.Uncover dough, and poke holes in it with a spoon handle at 1 inch intervals.

11.Drizzle olive oil on dough.

12.Bake at 400 F for 17 to 27 minutes, until just golden.
Top it with whatever butters your biscuit!  I used parmesan, salt, italian seasoning.
I separated mine into two batches because I was making sandwiches in it and didn't want to season one of them. Caramelized Onions, bacon, brie and ham sandwiches with Chipotle Sauce recipe in post above.

2 comments:

  1. I always thought that foccacia bread would be difficult to make too... thanks for showing that it's not! Now I have to give this a try. And your sandwiches sound absolutely incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx, Andrea. It really is easy.

    ReplyDelete