I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pecan Crusted Pork Chops

Loved it, Loved it, Loved it!

I usually just dip by pork chops in an egg solution and then dip them in the breaded mix but this time I mixed it up a bit by using Honey Mustard instead of egg and marinating them in Worcestershire sauce. This made them juicy with a tinge of sweetness.

Ingredients:
3 pork chops that are not too thick
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cp of crushed pecans
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp sage
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tbs of Apple Juice & 3 tbs of water
1/3 cp of Honey Mustard dressing or make your own using honey and mustard.
Salt to taste

1. Drizzle Worcestershire sauce over chops and set aside in a bowl.
2. Mix pecans and spices put in a bowl wide enough for your meat.
3. In another bowl (big enough to dip your meat in) pour honey  mustard sauce.
4. Set your bowls up in a line and start the dipping with the mustard mix making sure it is evenly coated on both sides, then dip it in your pecan mix and then onto pan.
4. Heat up oil over medium-high heat and sear on one side for bout 4 minutes. Reduce temperature to medium.

5. Turn over and sear other side for about a minute, put apple juice & water mix into pan and cook for another 4 - 5 minutes or until done.


 

1 comment:

  1. Mwah! It's naturally gluten-free! Pecans as "breading"...I love it!

    Sharing this in my recipes file over at Pinterest...

    If you have a moment today, please share this with my readers @Creative Juice Thursday. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete