I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fudge Ripple Turtle Brownies

Fudge Ripple Turtle Brownies
Plain chocolate bar, cake, brownies I am not a big fan of but add caramel, ganache, nuts to it and you can't stop me from nibbling.


Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
20 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
1 tablespoon milk

1. In a medium saucepan, melt and stir butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat; cool.


2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of pan. Grease foil; set aside. So glad they said to add foil clean up was really easy as a result.

3. Stir the sugar into the cooled chocolate mixture in saucepan. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in the vanilla.

4. In a small bowl, stir together the flour and baking soda. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of the pecans and 1/2 cup of the chocolate pieces. Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan.

5. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.

6. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt and stir caramels and milk over medium-low heat until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup pecans.

7. In a small saucepan, melt the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate pieces over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Drizzle over the top. Let stand for 2 hours before serving.

8. Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut brownies out of the pan. Cut into bars just before serving. Makes 16 brownies

Recipe and Picture from BHG

10 comments:

  1. Love it! These look so amazing! They wouldn't last long in my house :) I'd love for you to share this recipe at my linky party: http://www.momontimeout.com/2011/10/taking-timeout-thursday-link-party-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish, thanks! I am so bad about getting out of my routine of the places I link up.Usually it's because I am not organized and have very little time to do it. If I could get organized I could plan ahead and check out all of these other great linky parties instead of going to the same places b/c I don't have time to check out other sites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.M.G. !!!!!!

    These look Gorgeous!!!!!!!

    I would love it if you could share this on my link party - Serenity Saturday - over at www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was expecting about 100 comments, because these look simply amazing!! It's probably a good thing they're not sitting in front of me right now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! Caramel is a favorite, and a weakness for me. Found you at French Country Cottage, and am a new follower. I'm also going to steal this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look so delicious! I cant wait to make them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely awesome! This photo makes me hungry. Caramel and chocolate rocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these look delicious. Just exactly something that I would enjoy snacking on!! Thanks for linking up at FNF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it amazing how cutting food into triangles makes it look so much better?? Thanks for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday! Hope to see you again this week!
    -Trish @ Mom On Timeout
    http://www.MomOnTimeout.com

    ReplyDelete