I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower with Prosciutto


I was in the mood to cook with a different vegetable so I picked cauliflower. 
Pasta with Roasted Cauliflower and Prosciutto
Ingredients:

Kosher salt
One-half medium head cauliflower, cored and cut into 3/4-inch florets (3-1/2 cups)
1 Tbs. olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves minced
6 thin slices prosciutto (about 4 oz.) or bacon
10 grape tomatoes, halved
3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Cook the bacon or prosciutto.
2. In a pan put cauliflower, tomatoes, garlic olive oil and bacon grease. Roast for about 15 min until cauliflower is golden brown, stir a couple of times.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with Parmigiano.

or you can cook this in a pan instead of roasting in oven.
Picture is from Fine Cooking and recipe was adapted.

5 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds so good! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can also use pancetta if you don't have bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with prosciutto or bacon or pancetta has got to be good! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can almost taste this wonderful recipe. Thanks so much for linking it up to Fab Friday!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete