I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cake Box Icecream Sandwiches

I have never made cookies from a cake box but I must say these were soft, chewy and chocolatey rich.  They were so rich I couldn't even finish my whole icecream sandwich.

Here at Skip to my Lou I found this clever recipe for homemade icecream sandwiches from a cake box.

ice-cream-sandwiches-5.jpg1 box Chocolate cake box mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional for ice cream sandwiches but a must for the cookies without ice cream)

Directions:
1. Mix all of the ingredients above.

2. Bake cookies at 350 for about 11-13 minutes (Cookies are soft). Chill cookies completely before making ice cream sandwiches ----otherwise they are heavenly warm!


3. Put icecream in between and freeze.
Her website has instructions on how to make perfect round circles of icecream.

No comments:

Post a Comment