I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

I made these for my quick Sunday dinner and I think they would be fabulous for a party!


Dishes and Socks had this great recipe and picture!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
3/4 cup whole milk
1 egg – lightly beaten
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup cubed pepperoni
1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce
Non stick cooking spray
1tbs honey
2tsp salt
2tsp garlic powder

I made some minor revisions by adding honey, salt to the batter and 2 tsp of garlic powder.  She says this would fill 24 mini muffin pans.  It didn't fill 1 of my normal size muffin pans so I had to double up the recipe.

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with non stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and Italian seasoning. Then whisk in the milk, egg, honey, salt, and garlic powder. Stir in the mozzarella, parmesan and pepperoni. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.  Eat plain or use Pizza sauce for dipping!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mari....tried these...and my kids loved them! Might keep some in the freezer for them to take for lunches on occasion!
    (Just a note...in the above directions, I'm assuming the pizza sauce just when in with the milk and egg, yes?)
    thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trish, Good to see you on here! I just use it as a dipping sauce. I should clarify that. Thanks ~Mari

    ReplyDelete