I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Parmesan Rosemary Flatbread

Love my carbs!  Here is a delightfully flavored filled recipe for flatbread from the italian
Here in my neck of the woods it is chilly so I made it with some Roasted Red Bell & Tomato Soup.  I will have to post that soup later this fall.

Ingredients:
1 cup warm water


3/4 teaspoon instant yeast

3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for bowl and plastic wrap

15 ounces (about 3 cups) all purpose flour, plus more for dusting

2 teaspoons coarse salt, plus more for sprinkling

2 teaspoons honey

1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for sprinkling

1 large egg, lightly beaten

Freshly ground pepper

3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves

The Italian (link above) has great instructions and pictures to follow this easy recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, please post that recipe later on. It was, oh, 108 degrees here today! I am so ready for fall weather! Hard to imagine that it is cooler somewhere else. But I used to live in Alaska- I know better! Marking this recipe for cooler temps : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, definitely will. though the bread is yummy with a salad or hummus or just to eat (like I did).

    ReplyDelete