The Popcorn Bar
For any occasion you can dress it up or dress for a wedding, shower, soiree or you can dress it down for a sports event, movie party (see link HERE) etc...
Picture above is from Project Bride
Cranberry-Orange Caramel Corn
12 cups popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup kernels)
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup whole almonds
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup light-colored corn syrup
2 Tbsp. orange juice
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. In a very large bowl combine the popped popcorn, cranberries, and almonds; set aside.
2. In a 2-quart saucepan cook and stir the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup over medium heat until butter is melted. Stir in orange juice. Bring to boiling over medium heat. Boil at a moderate, steady rate for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam up).
3. Pour the syrup mixture over the popcorn mixture in bowl; stir to coat well. Transfer to a 15x10x1-inch baking pan or a shallow roasting pan. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring twice. Transfer caramel corn to a large sheet of greased heavy foil; cool. Makes 20 (1/2 cup) servings.
Use same recipe as above but exclude the following ingredients: cranberries, almonds and orange juice
Chocolate Covered Popcorn
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 stick butter
2 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 cups popcorn
Over medium heat, using a 4 quart pot, combine the sugar, corn syrup, butter, cocoa, and salt and bring to a boil. Once the mixture is well mixed, add the popped corn. Cook and stir until popcorn is coated, approximately 2 minutes. Cool mixture and shape into 3-inch balls.
White Chocolate Cranberry Almond Popcorn
2-3 Bags of Lightly Buttered Popcorn
1 C Almonds
1.5 C of Cranberries
White Chocolate Chips or Vanilla Bark (to taste)
1. Pop the popcorn and carefully try to remove any kernels that didn't pop.
2. Place popcorn in a large bowl. Pour cranberries and almonds over popcorn.
3. Melt your chocolate either in a double boiler, or in the microwave in small intervals, making sure to stir after each 30 second interval.
4. When chocolate is melted and smooth, pour over popcorn and gently stir.