I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Movie Under the Stars Party



Absolutely love the outdoor party ambiance.  Friends, family gathered around in the cool summer breeze intermingled with laughter, great conversation and children running around is a beautiful thing.  Not to mention the smell of the grill going!

We had a Movie Under the Stars Party and it was a blast!

You need:
  • a projector
  • speakers
  • a movie
  • blankets, chairs or ask guest to bring their own
  • fire pit (it gets chilly in the evenings where we live)
  • movie of your choice
  • white sheet or you can get fancy and use an inflatable screen
  • extension cords
decor was simple:
Christmas lights stringed or really cute lanterns

Food: going with the movie theater theme
  • Popcorn bar: chocolate covered, white chocolate w/ cranberries, caramel corn and plain RECIPES HERE
  • Grilled hot dogs
  • Hamburgers with caramelized onions
  • Pop or Coke depending on where your from
  • Smore kits -just put in a baggie graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallow and have sticks out

  I love the fire pit in the middle of this lantern lit party.
  • Watermelon Popsicles  recipe here
  We didn't get this fancy we just used a white sheet.

5 comments:

  1. this is such a fabulous idea for a nice summer night.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I've always wanted to do this.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. michelle you should it was super easy just takes some planning ahead setting equipment up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea! Your movie party outside sounds wonderful!! I love this and would love for you to come share at my Friday party sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete