I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Poached Eggs on Toast with Chipotle Mayo, Bacon and Avocado

Poached Egg on Toast with Chipotle Mayonnaise, Bacon and Avocado

Dinner was only 30 minutes away and once again I forgot to thaw out meat so I was looking for egg recipes.  Breakfast for dinner is fun, right!  Yes, that was my plan all along (hee, hee).

So I must confess I was too chicken to make them poached so I just made sunny side up eggs.  It sounds really easy but I kept having visions of the movie Julie and Julie and her messing up the poached eggs so I didn't try it. My husband doesn't like runny eggs so I had to cook both sides.  What do you call sunny side up eggs that have no sun.  I found this recipe and picture at Closet Cooking .  The flavor combinations were fabulous and it was a big hit in our home.

Ingredients
4 eggs
4 slices bread, lightly toasted (I used multigrain)
1/4 cup chipotle lime mayo (see below)
2 avocados, sliced
8 slices bacon, cooked

Directions

1.Bring a large pot of water to a boil and reduce the heat to medium.
2.Crack an egg into a bowl, swirl the water in the pot and pour the egg from the bowl into the water and repeat for another egg.
3.Let the eggs cook until the whites are set but the yolks are not, about 2-3 minutes and fish them out.
4.Repeat for the remaining 2 eggs.
5.Assemble sandwiches and enjoy.

Chipotle Lime Mayo
Spicy hot and smoky chipotle peppers mixed with creamy mayo and a hint of lime.
Ingredients

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce or to taste, chopped
1 teaspoon adobo sauce
1/2 lime, juice

Directions

1.Mix everything.

7 comments:

  1. YUM! Those look great!!

    PS Found you from Simple Home Life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fabulous! I bet the chipotle mayo is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks chicas. you have to make it to believe it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you from Little Brick Ranch's Foodie Friday link--the photo drew me in. What a simple yet well-execute recipe. If you get a moment, I'd love for you to link up over at Momtrends. This week we're featuring sorbet cocktails for our recipe linky:

    http://www.momtrends.com/2011/07/friday-food-ciao-bella/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dish! I'm going to pin this to try soon. Love the chipotle mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks incredible! Eggs are always a great quick fix!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delish! I'd love for you to link up at my Tuesday Tutorials Link Party! :)

    http://www.thekurtzcorner.com/2011/08/tuesday-tutorials-link-party-1.html

    ReplyDelete