I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Chocolate Covered Brownie Ice cream Sandwich POPS

Wow, that title was a mouth full but making them was easier than the name.  Though the assembling takes time it was so worth it!

For the Brownies:
Box of brownie mix follow baking directions on box

or from scratch
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa, plus more for pan
2 eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
pinch of kosher salt

chocolate:
1 bag of chocolate morsels
oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 13x9inch pan.
2. In the bowl cream together butter, sugar, and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. When the mixture is creamy, and all lumps are gone, add in eggs, one at a time. Add in vanilla and chocolate chips.
3. Then add in flour and salt. Mix until just combined. Spread into prepared pan and bake until shiny on the top, 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool completely.
Assemble sandwich:
You have two ways to choose how to make the sandwich: You can either cut the large pan of brownies in half and put icecream over one half and then put the other half of the brownie on top. Freeze then cut into smaller sandwiches and put stick inside them or I just cut them first into squares and spooned icecream onto each square and sandwiched them and then inserted the stick and froze. 

Chocolate:
1. In a sauce pan pour chocolate and oil over low heat until melted.  Dip each sandwich in chocolate and enjoy or freeze until ready to eat!

I got this idea from goodlifeeats.com

2 comments:

  1. um yum. I am just going to come over and eat some!

    I have a fun rosette giveaway going on--you should enter! http://eliseypants.blogspot.com/2011/08/idk-my-bff-lauren-seek-first-guest-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete