I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Spinach and Pepperoni Stromboli

I have used 3 different pizza dough recipes and this one surpasses all of the others in flavor!  It also is a lot faster you only have one 10min dough rising section.

For the YUMMY dough: (I use this for pizza or breadsticks)
from Got A Little Space to Fill

1 packet yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 400F. In a large bowl, combine the yeast and warm water and stir until the yeast dissolves. Add the honey, olive oil, salt and flour. Stir and then use your hands. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
for the Stromboli
3/4cps shredded Mozzarella
1/2cp shreddedCheddar
Pepperoni slices
2 tsp Garlic seasoning
3 tsp Italian Seasoning
shredded Spinach
sliced ham
Olive oil for brushing on
1 tbl parmesan
cornmeal for baking sheet
Assembling Stromboli:
1. Sprinkle baking sheet with cornmeal and press dough into it to your desired thickness. Brush olive oil and italian seasoning to the top.
It will be folded in thirds.
2. Middle section: Start with a layer of pepperoni, then cheddar cheese, then ham then spinach and mozzarella cheese.
3. Sprinkle with garlic salt and italian seasoning and start the same layer again.
4. Fold over one flap: once you fold over a flap layer with slightly less pepperoni and cheese. Layer close to the crease so it doesn't come out.
5. Fold over the other flap over this whole layer. 
6. Brush olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan, garlic and italian seasoning.

Sprinkle baking sheet with cornmeal and press dough into it to your desired thickness.
Bake at 400f for approximately 20-25 or until crust is golden.





No comments:

Post a Comment