I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

BABY food! Pumpkin Smoothie


This recipe is good for baby 8 + months.

1/2 cp fresh pumpkin Puree (from scratch see below) or canned PURE pumpkin not Pumpkin Pie mix
1 banana
1/4 cp Plain Yogurt
dash of cinnamon


1. Mix all of the ingredients above in a blender.
Make sure there are no chunks to prevent choking.


How to Puree fresh Pumpkin
1. Cut pumpkin into cubes w/o the skin.
2. In a pot use a steamer basket put enough water in the bottom of pot so that it doesn't go through the steamer basket. Steam pumpkin until tender.
If you overcook veg. or fruits it loses its nutritional value.
Freeze left over pumpkin if your not using immediately it does freeze well. The cooked pumpkin will turn a brownish orange so don't be alarmed when you peak into the bowl and find that color.




3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I can't believe that its almost pumpkin time. I also love the picture with the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love pumpkin anything and this sounds good enough for mama to drink/eat! i'm going to have to keep this in mind for my little.

    ReplyDelete