I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes w/ Peanut Butter Syrup!

Some people would call this breakfast I call it DESSERT! 

Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup
From Our Best Bites
1 1/2 C flour
3 Tbs sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 C buttermilk *
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbs canola oil
1 large or extra large egg
2 small-med ripe bananas
1/4 C mini chocolate chips (or reg. chips roughly chopped) tossed with 2 tsp flour
Cooking Spray or butter for pan

Peanut Butter Syrup
1 C maple syrup

1/2 C peanut butter


*As a substitute for buttermilk, place 1 1/2 Tbs lemon juice or vinegar in a 1 1/2 C measuring cup and then fill the remainder with milk.
Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk together. In a separate bowl combine buttermilk, eggs, oil, and vanilla and whisk well. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just until moistened and combined. Place bananas in a bowl and roughly mash with a fork. Fold into batter. Add the chocolate chips that have been tossed with flour and stir.
For syrup, heat peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add maple syrup and gently whisk to combine. Heat in the microwave for another 30 seconds, whisk, and then set aside

Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet to medium heat. Coat pan with little butter and then pour on pancake batter. Use1/4 C batter for large pancakes (4-6″) and 2 T for kid-sized ones (2-3″). Wait until bubbles form and edges are set and then flip.
Reheat syrup if necessary and pour over warm pancakes.

Freezer Instructions: Let cooked pancakes cool to room temperature. Place in a single layer in the freezer until frozen and then place pancakes in a ziplock bag or airtight container. Reheat in a microwave or toaster until heated through.


Some of my other favorite pancake recipes:
One of my favorite things to experiment is pancackes see below for links to my other yummy pancake recipes!

Lemon Ricotta with Strawberries

Rainbow Cake Pancake
Gingerbread Waffles with Apple Chutney

Pancakes with a Message
Cheesecake PancakesStrawberry Cheesecake Pancakes

3 comments:

  1. hey, I am definately gonna try out these recepies....:-).. I like baking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh be still my heart...well, actually it might be still after I ate it due to a diabetic coma ;-) I am seriously going to have to try these. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete