I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

DIY Wall Decorative Hooks

Inspiration on the wall! 


I bought these hooks at Hobby Lobby on the 60% off aisle! I didn't care for the graphics on them so I bought them with the intention of redoing them.
I removed the hooks and started the mod podge process using some scrapbook paper. Initially I wanted to do initials but the more I thought about it I liked the idea of having quotes up on pretty paper. I had in my craft stash a book of quotes on vellum.  I cut out the quote and glued it.  I wouldn't put modge podge over the vellum.  I tried it on one and the vellum just bubbled.  You may have better luck but my advice is don't modge podge over the vellum.
This quote by Thomas Hood "And Each Heart is Whispering "Home, Home At Last!"
"The Ornament of a House is the friends who frequent it" Ralph Waldo Emerson
You can use Christmas paper for a more seasonal look.
Pinned Image


4 comments:

  1. Super cute! Did you use scrapbook paper to recover them? What did you use for the quotes? Thanks for sharin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so adorable. The turtle hook is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw! These look wonderful! I am SO impressed!

    ReplyDelete