I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Strawberry CheeseCake Parfaits

So I have tried making many variations of Cheese cake recipes like parfaits, pancakes, icecream but have NEVER made a Cheesecake.  I usually can't finish a slice of cheesecake so I haven't been motivated to attempt a whole cheesecake so instead I make variations of them.

I found this variation at the Italian Dish. You should check out her website she is Itailan and she can cook!
Strawberry Cheese Cake Parfaits
from the Italian Dish
1 pound of strawberries
2 tablespoons sugar, divided
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons melted butter
12 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
2 teaspoons Amaretto
1 cup heavy cream
mint springs, for garnish

Directions:
Slice the strawberries into a bowl and sprinkle with one tablespoon of sugar. Toss and set aside.
Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and one tablespoon of sugar.
Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sour cream, confectioners' sugar and Amaretto and beat until combined.

In another bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.

Assemble Parfaits:
Place about a tablespoon of the graham cracker "crust" in the bottom of your glasses. Layer some of the cheesecake filling in the glasses, then some of the strawberry topping and sprinkle some more of the graham cracker on top. (Amounts will vary according to how many parfaits you are making, so just adjust accordingly). Repeat layers and top with mint.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. These look amazing. Cheesecake in a cup? Yes please!

    ~Jessa
    www.jessajill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete