I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Boston Cream Pie Cake



I know what your asking"Why is it called a pie?" To answer this question of why "pie" instead of "cake", it is probably because colonists baked their cakes in pie tins as they did not own cake pans.
I used the recipe on Mennonite Girls Can Cook but there were some gaps in that recipe so I had to look at other recipes when I was in the middle of my cooking thinking "what do I do now". When I googled this recipe these were some that I perused to fill in those gaps: Joy of Baking, Epicurious.

Overall it was time consuming making it from scratch, it was good but amazingly enough not too sweet (which I like).

5 comments:

  1. my best friend loves boston creme donuts-i get her one every year for her birthday. if i baked, i'd do this instead! looks deelish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have also seen boston cream pie cupcakes which pretty much look like this but mini. i want to try to make those just b/c they are cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower from The Shabby Nest. That looks amazing and it's one of my favorite desserts.

    Jodi @ Make Three
    http://makethree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that looks good!! I used to work at bakery that sold premade filling like this and I never thought I'd wish for it back! Too bad it closed and she's no longer sells merchandise 'cause it would be soooo good right now!

    ReplyDelete