I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing




I am really getting into making my own salad dressing.  I am constantly amazed at how uncomplicated they are.
My 4yr old after his bite of his Strawberry, Pear, Arugula & Spinach salad he looked at me and said "Mommy what kind of dressing is this?"  I replied Poppy Seed.  He said with eyes wide opened and a big smile "I LOVE Poppy Seed dressing!".  Of course he did it was sweet.


Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing

1/4cp Plain Yogurt (I used lowfat)
1/4cp Sour Cream
1/4cp of Mayo
3tbs Sugar (add another if you want it sweeter)
2 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
2tbs Poppy Seeds

Whisk all of the ingredients above and refridgerate.

Poppy Seed Dressing (Oil Based)
from Allrecipes.com

1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
1 teaspoon grated onion
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1.In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard and onion and process for 20 seconds. With blender or food processor on high, gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great! I always look at poppy seed dressing in the store and then never buy it. I'd love to make some of my own!

    ReplyDelete