I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Monkey Bread w/ Peanut Butter Glaze




Oh be still my heart!
Ingredients
1/4 cup water, warm
2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp sugar
1 large egg
2 tbsp butter, melted
3/4 cup milk, warm
1 riped banana mashed
3.5- 4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt

2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 cup butter, melted

1. In a bowl mix yeast and water. Let it sit still for 2min.
2. Then add, egg, sugar, milk, butter, salt and banana
3. Slowly add in the flour. Let it sit for about 20min
4. Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice in a plastic ziploc bag.
5. Put melted butter in another ziploc bag
6. Start making small balls from the dough and put a  couple of chocolate chips in each ball.
7. Dunk them in the butter. I did 6 at a time. Once they are all in there close bag and shake.
8. Next dunk those buttered balls in the cinnamon mix and close bag and shake. Repeat until they are all dunked.
9. Place them in a baking dish. I don't have a bundt pan so I just used a casserole dish.
10. Bake at 350 for 30min.
11. Pour Peanut butter glaze over the mix.

Peanut Butter Glaze
1/3 cp of Sweet Condensed Milk
4tbls of Peanut Butter
2 tbls of milk

Mix all the ingredients in a small sauce pan and pour warm over bread. 

If you want it more runny add more milk or more PB for a more PButter taste.

5 comments:

  1. sounds wonderful,gonna have to try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second of your recipes I've pinned now... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I think you fit almost all of my favorite ingredients in this! I am dying over the peanut butter glaze. Drooooling!

    I am stopping by from the teach me tuesday link party, love the site!

    -Courtney @sweetcsdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete