I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Dr. Seuss Back to School Party

One of our annual things we do to get to know my sons classmates, their families and the teachers is we throw a back to school party at the beginning of the school year. It's so great for me to see who his friends are and to visit with the families and teachers outside of the school setting!



Jello with Gummy fish

Marshmallows sticks dipped in white chocolate and colored sprinkles. Covered styrofoam in blue paper

dessert table. filled up a glass vase with chips and put a quote inside it

Hat cake - 5 layers of chocolate cake covered with buttercream frosting. I think fondant would of been much easier than normal frosting.

Made paper fans circles with polka dot paper and turqoise tissue paper. I also used red paper lanterns

Photo Shoot!

We played One fish, 2 fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish (a version of duck duck goose). Also, Thing 1 and Thing 2 Freeze tag.  I made hair from tissue paper and headbands. Also, made a small trash can look like Cats hat and then they took turns trying to throw the balls in.

boyfriendreplacement:

Celebrate Dr. Seuss’s Birthday with Recipes for Thing 1 and Thing 2 Cupcakes, Pink Yink Ink Smoothies, Cat in the Hat Marshmallow Pops
Recipe

Completely adorable.
tah dah! I didn't get a close up picture of the red buttercream frosting cupcakes but they were really cute. We were going for the blue icing look (picture via www.goodlifeeats.com)  but my friend ran out of blue food coloring (the kids didn't care).

My boys helping me paint Thing 1 and Thing 2 Insert face board.  I just drew it on butcher paper, painted it and then cut out the face.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! How creative a theme for back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a creative idea- love this!! So much fun!!! Would love for you to come share at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo cool. You did a great job.I love Dr. Seuss. :)

    jennifer
    www.miss-maggiesplace.com

    ReplyDelete