I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cracker Barrel Peach and Rasberry Cobbler w/ Almond Crumble Topping

Cracker Barrel Peach Cobbler With Almond Crumble Topping. Photo by Mommy2FourSuperKidzIs it Cobbler or is it Crumble?

I feel like there is a difference and since I really don't care for Crumble I like to make the distinction.  Crumble is pretty much it's name the batter is crumbly before you pour it over the peach mixture and a cobbler has more of a liquid consistency a biscuit type dough.

To Cobble means to make or put together roughly or hastily and this dessert is easy peasy preparation. It takes about 15min to make and an hour to cook.

Cracker Barrel Peach and Rasberry Cobbler with Almond Crumble topping
Batter
1 cup cracker barrel pancake mix (can substitute)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Filling
2 (15 ounce) cans peach slices in heavy syrup 
1cp of fresh or frozen rasberries
1/4 cup sugar
Topping
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon softened butter
sliced almonds

Directions:
1. Mix all batter ingredients in a bowl with whisk. Pour into non greased 8 x 8 baking pan.
2. Drain peaches of syrup except for about a tablespoon of juice in each can, and mix with sugar until it has dissolved. Pour over batter but do not mix -- batter will rise over peaches and juices on it's own.
3. Mix all topping ingredients with hands slightly breaking up almonds as you incorperate. Do not place on cobbler yet as the almonds will burn! That step will come later.
4. Place into 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. Then, while leaving cobbler in oven, place crumble topping over cobbler and bake another 10-15 minutes. Watch carefully so that nuts don't burn.
5. Serve while still a little warm with some cinnamon ice cream and enjoy!

Recipe and picture is adapted from Food.com


2 comments:

  1. I was planning to make a fresh peach and blueberry cobbler tonight, but I didn't have a recipe. Now I do!

    I've noticed there seem to be three basic types of cobbler crusts: a cookie-like crust, a shortcake or sweet-biscuit type crust, and a cake crust. I lean toward the first two, but I haven't made a solid decision yet. And then crumbles which are totally different, of course. And fruit crisps, which are like crumbles.

    Does this have to be so confusing?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan LOL. Hope you like it I have tried a couple of recipes and so far really like this one.

    ReplyDelete